Coach Replay Challenge
We don't want a referee or scoreboard mistake to prevent a match from being scored correctly. This is why the AGF provides an opportunity for a coach to challenge a call (or no call) and provide video evidence to support their claim.
How it works
Each academy is allowed 2 challenges per tournament day. Once they are used up, no more challenges will be allowed for that team.
- At the beginning of each match, the referee will hand the coach representing each competitor a challenge bean bag that they can use at any time during the match. The coach simply has to throw the bag on the mats when they wish to make a challenge. If a bean bag is not present, a coach can simply yell "Challenge" to the ref.
- The referee will wait until there is a stop in the action and a position that is easy to reset.
- Once that's done, the ref will speak with the coach and ask what the dispute is. The ref will inform the coach that another referee will be called over to view the evidence provided.
- The challenging coach will need to collect whatever evidence they need to allow the 2nd referee to make a decision.
- Once the referee arrives, he will start a timer for 3 minutes to review the provided evidence. After the 3 minutes expires, the ref will render their decision. This decision is final.
- The scoreboard will be adjusted accordingly, and the match will resume if necessary.
- Challenges that are lost will result in the challenging team losing an available challenge. If the challenge is won, then the challenging team will not lose an available challenge.
- Replay Challenges are not accepted for matches that end in ties and require a Referee Decision.